Saturday, May 23, 2009

What is in I D A H O ? ? ?

............ We took a trip to Idaho early this morning to put flowers on the headstones of a few of Grandma Eddington's close family......she lost two young children and her husband, along with many other aunts, uncles, parents and so forth!! Wow, what an amazing lady she is, ever since I first met her I have really thought so highly of her!! She is just a very great, caring, and very strong woman of GREAT faith!!! I would really love to be blessed with another baby girl, I would love to name her after Lila!! We had a GREAT time......I really enjoyed it, other than doing that and spending time with some wonderful family members this was the highlight for me...................I loved this park, it had all the old play equipment I enjoyed as a child!!! Grandpa pushing Blakers high on the swing.......................


..........ok, so here is a funny story with this little girl we met at this park........Blake had gone over to the pavilion with the rest of the group and I stayed back on the toys with Adam. A guy comes up to us with a cute little girl and asks Adam if he would do the teeter totter with her.......he does it a little hesitantly and I say, "I bet she is the same age as you, " in which the Dad replies, " Is he five?" I said yes and quickly the girl says, " I am 5 and a half, " so I said, " Oh, well when is her birthday?" The man replied, " November 5th," I just kind of stood there and said, "oh my gosh, that is his birthday too!!" It was fun, and the kids thought that was pretty cool and fun to discover that!!! So funny!!! :)
Adam loved that flag..................and of course so did Blake!!! First fight of the trip, but we managed to make a deal and all was well again!!!

Never too big for these swings........................my biggest kid of all !!

fun on the merry-go-round

climbing trees :).................
and that is not all this monkey climbed........

.......this was pretty high up, but Blake has no fear of heights, on the other hand Adam didn't go near this............. such different little personalities, the less brave definately stress me out less!!

The good ole' style teeter totter, I am pretty sure won the award for being the funnest and most exciting thing to play on................



The Swings came in at a very close 2nd!!!


.............and of course we can't forget the trees!!!

I love my two little MONKEYS!!!! :)



-----Here at the Cemetery-----


This is Grandpa Blaine's headstone

The boys found a ladybug, it kept them entertained for quite some time.......

.......I see you......
lil poser



This is Kent's headstone, he fell out of a car while they were driving when he was just 3 years old. :(

Randy passed away just shortly after he was born. :(

This is our AMAZING Grandma Eddington, we love you!!! :) Thanks for your great example!!
Getting ready to head back home.......

and of course this followed shortly after.....
nothing better to look at then a sleeping child :)

20 comments:

Michelle and Jason said...

It does look like you have fun! I am glad. I am so surprised Grandma was willing to let you take a picture. You look really cute by the way! I love how Adam is sleeping with his leg up, that is hilarious.

Matt and Jami said...

Im glad you had fun! Your boys are too cute!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!!

I'm sure you'll get blessed with a little girl again. All of our kids are named after a family member and I love it.

Britney said...

GREAT pictures. Looks like a nice trip and family time. Love the ladybug picture, how cute!!!

Mom and Camera said...

Great pictures and fun trip! I remember going on that trip with Grandma when I was younger. What great memories.

Tara said...

Fun! I love the pix! What adorable boys! Don't 'cha just LOVE G'ma Eddington. I'm so glad I married into this family just to know HER! She's an amazing woman!

Laurel C. said...

Thanks for sharing this day with us. Just like Gayle, I remember going to this cemetery too. It was always a neat and humbling experience. We certainly do belong to a special family. I love being an Eddington.

Rach Wood said...

My favorite picture was with the ladybug on their arm! I thought that was so funny!...Hope to see you at the 24th of July swim party!

Emily said...

What a fun day! I have memories from when I was little of similar memorial days.

Hayley said...

Fun park! There aren't too many of those good ole ones around anymore!! I also loved the family outing. We all need more of those. Memoring making trips!! Your monkeys are adorable.

You do look really cute!!

Shandi and James said...

Your boys are soooo cute! Love your outfit in this pic by the way.

Eddingtons said...

What a fun trip. Your boys are so cute. We really do need to get the kids together again, Kaylee would love that. I agree with you Gma Eddington is the greatest. She has been through so much yet she has let it make her stronger. She truly is such an amazing lady. I too am grateful I married into the Eddington family just so I could know her. Thanks for the awesome pics.

Staci said...

Looks like so much fun. Sorry I haven't called you back. Things are so busy. Let's do lunch you me and lindy. See you SOON!

Melissa said...

I love your new background. That is a cute picture of you.

Natalie said...

I don't have memories of visiting Grandpa's grave. I guess I better make the trip myself. Thanks for taking pictures. I wish we lived closer to Grandma so we could visit more often. Those will be great memories for your family. Will we see you guys at the reunion?!

Jana said...

Yes we will at least be there for part of it Natalie!!!!!

The Wiseman Life said...

Looks like a fun time! The boys sure looked wiped out for the ride home! Don't you miss being able to crash and fall asleep like that?

Laurel C. said...

Ever since reading this blog post last week I have been curious... does Grandma read blogs? I know she thinks it's great that we all have one and keep in touch, but is she reading them too? Do you know? (That would be really cool.)

Jana Eddington said...

Laurel, I think she does!!! We will have to make sure though, I think she would really enjoy it!!

Shelley Patterson said...

Wow, your grandma is an amazing woman. The kids looked like they had a blast. As for your post "what is in Idaho???" Oh Jana, there is so much to do up there! I need to take you up there sometime and show you!