Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween with a crazy Twist!!


Poor kid, here are a couple pictures I took just with my phone during one of his treatments!! He had one small attack last night but seems to be doing even a little better today!! :)

What a crazy day!! It started with an invasion of people, strangers in my house seeing me with a towel on my wet, showered hair! Ok, I'm glad they were here to install our cabinets which means the basement is so close to being finished!! Wooo Whooo, almost one year later! :) But seriously I felt a little invaded and uncomfortable! They leave and I decide to be fun for the boys and we decide to go find me a Halloween costume! As you can imagine it was very picked over being the day of Halloween so I had to make a decision between a banana and a devil! I didn't want my kids to be upset at the thought of their mother being the devil so I purchased the big banana!! My name is Jana right? You got it I grew up being called Jana Banana!! Very funny and not at all planned!! I felt a little ridiculous but the boys loved it and ironically enough so did the fruit flies they would not leave me alone! :) Next it was time to go visit Ryan (or should I say Indiana Jones) at his work, by the time we got there everyone had left so we got a few pictures and got out of there!! K so then the trunk or treating comes and goes very quickly and as time goes by Adam's voice goes too! We went to Grandma's for dinner and as the kids got playing and rough housing with all the cousins Adam's breathing became very labored and you could tell he was struggling with each breath so we cut the time short! We quickly ran to the other grandma's and literally said hi and bye so we could get the poor kid to bed!! About an hour and a half had passed with the boys asleep and all the sudden Adam starts coughing and is standing at his door with a very panicked look on his face, he was having a really, really hard time breathing at this point and I began to panic right with him. I'm so thankful Annie is always so willing to drop whatever she is doing to come and assess my kids, and sure enough it was into his lungs and she suggests we take him to the ER!! So Annie sent us on our way and bless her heart said she could stay with Blake as long as we needed her to. They saw us quickly and diagnosed him with croup, but then when the doc saw him began to second guess because he was just struggling so badly to breathe. Thankfully though after a couple breathing treatments his airway cleared enough to bring him home!! Crazy night but it could have been worse as the doc was preparing us with the good possibility of taking him down to Ogden to the ICU!! We are very grateful it didn't have to go that far!!! Thank you Annie for your help and Jessie as well for your concern!!! Also thanks to our mom's for everything!!! We love you and are so thankful for the best friends and family!! :)

20 comments:

Cindy said...

Gosh! What a night! I am glad that everything turned out alright. I hope it's nothing serious. Your kids are super cute! I think it's great when moms and dads get into halloween with their kids. Something I have not done yet.

Stephanie said...

I'm also glad to hear Adam is okay. There is a "para-flu" and Croup going around here, which causes the throat to close up. Several kids in our neighborhood have had it, one in the ICU at Primary Children's with a breathing tube. You always have to count your blessings when your kids are fine.

Hey, where are the "Jana-Banana" pictures?

Unknown said...

Yeah I'm wondering where the Jana Banana pictures are too?! What a crazy Halloween. I'm glad Adam's ok though. They looked sooo cute!

Melissa said...

Did your Jana Banana picture have to "split". Ma ha.

Melissa said...

Cute kids.

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see the basement.

Melissa said...

How is Adam?

Melissa said...

la, la, la.

Melissa said...

Wow, you have a lot of comments on your page.

Daryl and Ashley said...

Holy Crap Jana! I am so glad that he is okay. I am sure your were freaking out! I would have passed out! Now, anytime I hear of breathing problems, I have flashbacks to Jace. He will be just fine. I hope he gets feeling better!

Anonymous said...

sad! I hope he's okay and are you? thats scary! i have a nebulizer and some medicane too. you are welcome to come down and give him a treatment. Dr. Lish told me if he ever has and asthma attack or can't quite get enough air than to just give him one. it usually works great! If I notice it and can keep up on it it usually doesn't turn into anything worse. Poor sick kids. Call if you need anything.

-alyssa

Anonymous said...

oh duh! he meaning trey.. not adam. sorry! i'm a dork.

Layla said...

Is Adam feeling any better? Poor guy. Your kids are so cute.

Jessie said...

Those pictures are so sad of him at the hospital:( I'm gald he's doing better! Hey you told me there would be pictures of you in the Banana costume... I would like to see that!

Laurel C. said...

Holy smokes! You certainly never expect to be going to the ER after a fun Halloween Night! He looks like a real trooper sitting on that hospital bed though. Poor guy. And poor mom! It's hard to see your kids sick, isn't it? I'm glad it turned out okay in the end with no ICU stay!

Emily said...

Wow what a night. I am so glad Adam's o.k. poor little thing. Halloween looked fun for the most part, you'll definitely have to post some pictures of your costume!

Britney said...

Gosh, poor little guy. I've had sick kids for a week now and we've even had to break out the nebulizer and give both my boys a treatment. Glad he didn't have to go to Ogden!
I got your comment about pictures, email me brit.barker@gmail.com I'd love to take some for ya.
And yes, I want to see the banana too! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Adam. Brooklyn has that same problem. I'm glad he's better. I'll trade you Galen pictures for Jana as a banana pictures!! See you tomorrow. :o)

Tara said...

Holy COW!! What a night! I'm so sorry!! Glad he's alright and you are too!

Jamie said...

Crazy Halloween night. I wish I would have had some medicine left that you could have had. At least Annie saved the day! Isn't she great. Don't ya just feel a little safer knowing that she lives nearby and is willing to help with all of our when we do you can borrow it anytime.