Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's NO FUN to be Sick!! :(


Sure enough at 1:30 a.m. we were making another trip to the ER, this time it was for our lil' Blakers! So sad, he woke up struggling to breath and was burning up! I attempted to take his temp. but he was screaming because he just wanted to be held. I had the thermometer on him for no more than 5 sec. and already it had climbed to 103, so we felt it was time to get him in since all of our attempts to help him on our own failed! Again after breathing treatments Ryan was able to bring him home, we went to bed @ 3:00 a.m. Those treatments work wonders, now I need to invest in a nebulizer so we can do them ourselves!! They are doing better and continuing to recover completely!! :) :)

9 comments:

Britney said...

Oh shoot! I'm so sorry. Yea, it sounds like you need a nebulizer pronto. I took Gage to the Dr. Monday, he has the croup too, along with a sinus infection. My oldest I know had the same thing the week before. I"m SO sick of sick kids!!! Sounds like our boys have the exact same thing. We had a nebulizer thanks goodness...I know it saved us at least one ER trip. sorry. :(

Britney said...

I forgot to mention I love the pic of your banana!

Unknown said...

I'm glad they are ok now! You can borrow our nebulizer...lol! We haven't needed it lately, cross my fingers.

Cindy said...

Poor kiddos! Poor Mom & Dad. Its so stressful to have sick kids, especially when they are so sick! Hope they get better soon!

Jamie said...

Oh no! Thata awful. Get a nebulizer! I hope we don't get ot here! Maybe its stay home from church time for the kids.

Tara said...

We just had a couple of days of quarantine (sp?) with my kids! We've gone back and forth with the pukes and I was SOOO sick of it!! I kept everyone home and all the neighbor kids away for 2 days and it was NICE!! I can't tell you how much I was able to get done around the house!
Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
Happy B-day BTW!

Shandi and James said...

Jana! Your family is adoreable!

Rachel said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you kow I've changed my blog address to http://www.ourlivesonmyblog.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

You will need to send me an invite to your blog. mlow25@hotmail.com