Tuesday, November 11, 2008

LoOk WhO's "5" !!! :o


I can't believe it, my little buddy is growing up way 2 fast!! It is crazy, I think I missed a few years somehow!! Am I just emotional or does anyone else look back at pictures of your cute kids and just start sobbing? I do just about everytime I look over and see the screen saver pictures of them shooting across the screen! I'm just not anywhere near ready to send them off to different events without me there to protect them from potential dangers! Can we say paranoid mother? I know!! We seriously need to start a group, that is, if I'm not alone in these feelings!! lol :) I know I'm not, so let me know what your feelings are!! There is a good side, I do really enjoy playing games with him, and discovering how smart these little ones really are, it is so fun to see their eyes light up when they grasp a new concept and love to learn!! I'm grateful for my children and for the things they teach me daily. I love you Adam!!! :) You are a great kid!!
K, now I have to explain my reason for such a delayed post-- K remember the kids both had croup? Well Blake never completely recovered and his turned into pneumonia so yeah a couple nights he was up a couple times but the night before we finally took him into the doc. he was up the whole night. Ryan and I stayed on the couch and he would go back and forth between us, in twenty min. increments, had to be held and everytime he woke up he would cry for about ten minutes, he was burning up even switching back and forth from tylenol and motrin he still fevered up to 104!!! :( Poor kid, now he is on an antibiotic and is playing a little and is a little chatter box!! :) That's the way we love him!! Jana's Explanation, definately not an excuse!! :)
BTW- Blake looked up at me yesterday when I was holding him and told me "i'm still sick mommy." So I told him I was going to take him to the doctor in just a couple hours and he said back very quickly in his sad little sick voice, "are you taking me to see Dr. Phil?" ha ha, it was pretty cute and funny :)

9 comments:

Tara said...

Ahh, poor little guy! I feel for ya, too! It's too early to start all this sickness, isn't it?!! Maybe this means that nobody will be sick for Christmas! (yeah, right)

Melissa said...

LOok at you sharing feelings. That was a good read.

Laurel C. said...

I am with you, Jana! I can't stand to see my kids changing and growing up. Darn that screen saver! It gives me pangs of sadness too with its pictures of my babies. My oldest is only 3, but I feel time slipping away too. I liked reading that you feel the same way I do! I can't stand the thought of Ethan going away to school without protection from his mom! That's why I didn't do 3 year old pre-school, even though there is a lot of pressure in my area to do it.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Cute kiddo's! Thanks for the invite to your blog... its so cute! Hope everyone is feeling much better. Thanks for calling me when you need help, I'm more than happy to help out:)

Shandi and James said...

Dr. Phil?! Haha oh Jana! Wow, I can't even believe how big Adam is!!! I bet he is such a good kid :)

Michelle and Jason said...

Happy Birthday to my first nephew!! I love him and Blake to death!!

Shandi and James said...

That will be so fun when your basement is finished! Is your house in Perry?

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday! The big 5!